Thursday, July 01, 2010

Twitter T.C. Thursday- A misplaced family herloom

You can find them in most "antique" or, "consignment' shops. Vintage photographs rediscovered through various means; not significant to the shop owner but, in the end, suitable to make a small profit.

Making money, sadly, is one of the final goals of a shop keeper.

The young lady in the photograph below, possibly from the late 1800s and from New York State, is somebody's Ancestor.

This image is a missing piece of a family's past. Someday, hopefully, she will be reunited with her family and be set on a fireplace mantel or, hung on a wall in a prominent section of a house.

I do not know the lady in this photograph. Printed on the back of the image are clues as to where she lived or, vacationed.

Thank you for stopping by and taking a look at this site. Come again, I will be posting more interesting images.
My resent blog posting for June 24, 2010, is a photograph taken by the same photographer. There is no evidence but, these two images may be related in some way.

Jack

Unknown lady in white dress


Reverse side of photograph

2 comments:

Heather Rojo said...

We call them "instant ancestors" and see old photos like this at flea markets and antique shoppes. I used to want to rescue them, and post them on websites (like Dead Fred, etc), but there are far, far too many out there. My daughter bought a large box full and decorated her apartment with them. We've given them names and stories. They are part of the family now!

Jack Robinson said...

Hello Heather,

I enjoyed reading your comments. I use these "instant ancestor" images for my lecture on preserving old photographs & documents. I even used some in one of my "diary" books that I put together.

Have a great and safe 4th of July weekend.

Jack