Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Locating an endangered grave

While doing preservation work in the endangered "Marshburn" family cemetery (Caucasian), ca.1870, I made an interesting find.

I was clearing out the decades of brush, compost and mulch from around a very large tree. What was thought to be simply a fallen headstone being placed next to the tree, done many decades ago, turned out to be a much more meaningful purpose.

Pictures were taken as I processed the area around the base of the tree. Images confirm the work that is being done and can be used later for many reason. Conducting a lecture, for example, is a great way of presenting proof of the work done.



I placed a series of images on "Twitpix" which show stages of preserving one grave within the Marshburn family cemetery. Take a few minutes to visit the site and look over the images.

Please leave a comment here on my blog or, at my Twitpix site.

Let us not forget our Veterans, no matter when they served so bravely.

Jack
GySgt., U.S. Marine Corps, Retired
http://www.resurrection-mission.com/

No comments: